Sunday 16 February 2014

The Hunger Games Quotes (Mockingjay)

Novel trilogi The Hunger Games benar-benar membuat saya terkesan! Saya tahu The Hunger Games beberapa tahun yang lalu lewat Twitter. Ada salah satu teman saya yang sedang membicarakan novel tersebut di tweetnya. Saya tertarik dengan namanya yang, well, unik. Lalu saya cari novel PDF-nya, hehe. Novel 1 dan 2 tidak sempat saya selesaikan karena keburu muncul filmnya, alasan doang sih ini, padahal males bacanya gara-gara berbahasa Inggris :( . Novel 3 akhirnya berhasil saya selesaikan gara-gara terlalu penasaran dengan nasib Katniss dan Peeta. Ending ceritanya sangat sesuai harapan, menurut saya. Kecuali kematian beberapa orang yang cukup populer di dalam novel :( .

Nah, sekarang saya lagi membaca ulang novel 1. Udah nonton filmnya sih, tapi pasti beda rasanya kalau membaca versi novelnya. While reading THG 1 and 3, I have to admit this, that I'm in love with Peeta! I'm not a fan of romance story, but in this case, I do love Peeta-Katniss story. Besides, Peeta's quotes are usually soooo melting and romantic.

Nggak tahu ya, mungkin karena jalan cerita yang berliku-liku, yang cukup menyengsarakan Peeta(hingga bikin saya simpati dengan tokoh ini), dan penggunaan kata-kata yang emang mantep banget dari Suzanne Collins, bikin saya senyum-senyum tiap baca perkataan Peeta atau hal-hal yang menyangkut tentang Peeta, HAHAHA.

Dan sekarang saya ingin berbagi kutipan-kutipan dan adegan favorit saya di novel The Hunger Games: Mockingjay. Here they are...

1. So after, when he whispers, "You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real."
          Ini yang paling saya suka, makanya saya taruh di nomor 1. Such an unforgetable end. Thanks, Mrs. Collins!

2. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that.


3. Peeta would have nothing to come home to, anyway. Except me...
          Me: Yeah, so please treat him well :-P


4. "I should have never let them separate us!" Peeta bursts out. "That's when I lost her."


5. "It's just that I didn't understand when I met you. After your first Games, I thought the whole romance was an act on your part. We all expected you'd continue that strategy. But it wasn't until Peeta hit the force field and nearly died that I--" Finnick hesitates.
       Me: You love him, Katniss. You do!


6. "That I knew I'd misjudged you. That you do love him. I'm not saying in what way. Maybe you don't know yourself. But anyone paying attention could see how much you care about him," he says gently.


7. As if in the end, it will be the question of whether a baker or a hunter will extend my longevity the most. It's a horrible thing for Gale to say, for Peeta not to refute. Especially when every emotion I have has been taken or exploited by the Capitol or the rebels. At the moment, the choice would be simple. I can survive just fine without either of them.
          Me: Nooo...


8. At a few minutes before four, Peeta turns to me again. "Your favorite color...it's green?" 
"That's right." Then I think of something to add. "And yours is orange." 
"Orange?" He seems unconvinced. 
"Not bright orange. But soft. Like the sunset," I say. "At least, that's what you told me once." 
"Oh." He closes his eyes briefly, maybe trying to conjure up that sunset, then nods his head. "Thank you." 
But more words tumble out. "You're a painter. You're a baker. You like to sleep with the windows open. You never take sugar in your tea. And you always double-knot your shoelaces." Then I dive into my tent before I do something stupid like cry.
          Me: I did cry at this moment. I'm serious.


9. “No problem," Gale replies. "I wake up ten times a night anyway." 
"To make sure Katniss is still here?" asks Peeta. 
"Something like that," 
... "That was funny, what Tigris said. About no one knowing what to do with her." 
"Well, WE never have,"... 
"She loves you, you know," says Peeta. "She as good as told me after they whipped you." 
"Don't believe it,"Gale answers. "The way she kissed you in the Quarter Quell...well she never kissed me like that." 
"It was just part of the show," Peeta tells him, although there's an edge of doubt in his voice. 
"No, you won her over. Gave up everything for her. Maybe that's the only way to convince her you love her." There's a long pause. "I should have volunteered to take your place in the first Games. Protected her then." 
"You couldn't," says Peeta. "She'd never have forgiven you. You had to take care of her family. They matter more to her than her life."  ... "I wonder how she'll make up her mind." 
"Oh, that I do know." I can just catch Gale's last words through the layer of fur. "Katniss will pick whoever she thinks she can't survive without.”
          Me: And it must be Peeta!


10. It's only now that he's been corrupted that I can fully appreciate the real Peeta. Even more than I would've if he'd died. The kindness, the steadiness, the warmth that had an unexpected heat behind it. Outside of Prim, my mother, and Gale, how many people in the world love me unconditionally? I think in my case, the answer may now be none. Sometimes when I'm alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena. To make myself put a name to the thing I've lost. But what's the use? It's gone. He's gone. Whatever existed between us is gone.

11.  "What are you trying to do? Provoke him into an attack?" he asks me.
"Of course not. I just want him to leave me alone," I say.
"Well, he can't. Not after what the Capitol put him through," says Haymitch. "Look, Coin may have sent him there hoping he'd kill you, but Peeta doesn't know that. He doesn't understand what's happened to him. So you can't blame him--" 
"I don't!" I say. 
"You do! You're punishing him over and over for things that are out of his control. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't have a fully loaded weapon next to you round the clock. But I think it's time you flipped this little scenario around in your head. If you'd been taken by the Capitol, and hijacked, and then tried to kill Peeta, is this the way he would be treating you?" demands Haymitch. 
I fall silent. It isn't. It isn't how he would be treating me at all. He would be trying to get me back at any cost. Not shutting me out, abandoning me, greeting me with hostility at every turn.

12. "Ally." Peeta says the word slowly, tasting it. "Friend. Lover. Victor. Enemy. Fiancee. Target. Mutt. Neighbor. Hunter. Tribute. Ally. I'll add it to the list of words I use to try to figure you out." He weaves the rope in and out of his fingers. "The problem is, I can't tell what's real anymore, and what's made up."

13. "Stop being noble! I don't care if I die!" He turns to me, pleading now. "Katniss, please. Don't you see, I want to be out of this?" 
The trouble is, I do see. Why can't I just let him go? Slip him a pill, pull the trigger? Is it because I care too much about Peeta or too much about letting Snow win? Have I turned him into a piece in my private Games? That's despicable, but I'm not sure it's beneath me. If it's true, it would be kindest to kill Peeta here and now. But for better or worse, I am not motivated by kindness. "We're wasting time. Are you coming voluntarily or do we knock you out?"

14. "If you can separate the two, then you can figure out what's true." 
"Yes. And if I could grow wings, I could fly. Only people can't grow wings," he says. "Real or not real?" 
"Real," I say. "But people don't need wings to survive."

15. "You're still trying to protect me. Real or not real," he whispers. 
"Real," I answer. It seems to require more explanation. "Because that's what you and I do. Protect each other."

16. "Don't let him take you from me." 
"No. I don't want to..." 
"Stay with me." 
"Always," he murmurs.

17. Unable to accept it, I shine the light from Cressida's gun down the shaft. Far below, I can just make out Finnick, struggling to hang on as three mutts tear at him. As one yanks back his head to take the death bite, something bizarre happens. It's as if I'm Finnick, watching images of my life flash by. The mast of a boat, a silver parachute, Mags laughing, a pink sky, Beetee's trident, Annie in her wedding dress, waves breaking over rocks. Then it's over.
          Sebenarnya yang ini saya masukkan bukan karena benar-benar 'favorit'.  Anyway, this one is one of the memorable scenes to me.

Yah, sementara itu dulu. Nanti akan saya update lagi. Oh iya, kutipan-kutipan di atas saya tulis secara acak, tidak disusun berurutan, kecuali yang nomor 1, hehe.
Dan pastinya quotes dari novel THG 1 akan menyusul, setelah saya selesai membacanya.
Bye! May the odds be ever in your favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about my post?